Community Standards for Participation
Gem Shopping Network provides a platform and community for jewelry lovers to see and learn about jewelry. The number of pieces shown, the styles and periods represented, and the uniqueness of the gemstones are unmatched.
Registered users on GemShopping.com who participate in our community features (for example, live chats), are solely responsible for their conduct and for the content of their postings. GSN is not responsible for reviewing the content of postings across interactive interfaces. We reserve the right to delete postings or threads that we deem to be in violation of our Community Guidelines or that are otherwise unacceptable to us. We further reserve the right to suspend or remove the privileges of users who violate our guidelines and will report indiscretions to the appropriate authorities.
- Please keep posts relevant to the topic. This makes it easier for others to follow the conversation.
- Be respectful and courteous to others, even if you disagree with them. Do not use language or post content that is unkind or in poor taste, and don’t engage in personal attacks. We encourage you to treat others the way that you want to be treated.
- Individuals can only register with one unique screen name tied to one email address When choosing your screen name, do not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a third party. Do not post personal or any other information that you do not wish to have made public, for example: do not post any Personally Identifiable Information, including, but not exclusive to, last names, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, GSN account number, or birthday.
- Do not publish personal information of others without their consent.
- Do not solicit, encourage or ask others to post a rating or review.
- Do not post a rating or review if you have received compensation in any form (including monetary, free product, coupons, or other incentives) from an Interested Party.
- Do not engage in harassing, threatening, abusive, violent, discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.), hostile, or defamatory language or behavior that would be considered inappropriate. Do not use language or post content that is profane, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive.
- Do not post web addresses (URLs) for, or links to, outside sites.
- Do not re-post deleted messages.
- All postings and chats must be in English.
- Do not submit images or videos involving nudity, profanity or other obscene or distasteful content.
- If you include other people in your images or videos, make sure you have their permission to do so, including parental consent for minors.
- Do not submit images or videos or post any other information that depicts or describes incorrect information about a product.
- We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks and other legal rights. Do not invade the privacy of others and do not use third-party copyrighted or trademarked content in anything you post.
- Do not engage in, suggest or encourage activity that is unlawful or inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement governing our site.
- We remove content and disable accounts when we feel it is appropriate to keep our community a friendly and comfortable place to visit and share.
- Use of these public areas for commercial purposes is prohibited. Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, chats, video, forums, reviews, images and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material. Only use these public areas and Community features for noncommercial purposes.
- Do not post viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, active code or any other materials that could contaminate or damage another person's computer.
- Any materials you post will be treated as nonconfidential and nonproprietary and may be used by GSN without restriction as we deem appropriate.
- Do not flood or spam, post chain letters or junk mail, or engage in other behavior that could disrupt the Community features or this site.
- A Community participant's excessive reporting of abuse of other Community participants without cause may result in the participant being banned from further participation in the GSN Community.
- We will report individuals and work with law enforcement when we believe it is needed for the safety of our team members and registered users.