Effective Date 12-12-2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, GSN has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
|Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes - for account and marketing purposes.|
Personal information does not include:
· Publicly available information from government records.
· Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
· Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
· health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
· personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
GSN obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
· Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
· Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
· To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns if you have provided your consent to such retention of information.
· To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
· To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
· To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
· To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
· To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations. · As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
· To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GSN's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GSN about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
GSN will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
GSN may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
· Service providers.
· Third parties that may acquire our business.
· Third parties as required to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or other court order.
· Appropriate law enforcement agencies and other parties involved in investigating claims of illegal or inappropriate activity.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
During the course of providing you with services or marketing to you we may share information with a trusted business partner who is engaged by GSN in executing marketing programs including information from any of these categories. In the preceding twelve (12) months, GSN has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties: Advertising partners such as - Facebook, YouTube, Google, Amazon, Roku, DIRECTV, DISH, Samsung, Sony, Apple, Comcast, AT&T, LiveStream, American Express, MasterCard, Visa and/or to vendors who help us execute marketing or business programs such as LiveRamp, Google, App Mastery, AppNexus, Apps Flyer, Survey Monkey, Human Element, Lead Horse Marketing, Kraftworks, Dstillery, A4 Media, Hotjar, Epsilon, AddRoll, DoubleClick, Bing, Adobe Magento, Mail Chimp, Heartland Payment Systems, Federal Express and USPS.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, GSN has not sold any information about our customers or viewers.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that GSN disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you.
· The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
· If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
· sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
· disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that GSN delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
· Calling us at (888) 391-2315.
· Completing the form at the bottom of this page.
· Completing the form on our dedicated CCPA page - click this link.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
· Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
· Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information without hindrance such as an ASCII file or an excel CSV file.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by completing in full the form at the bottom of this page.
Or, by completing the form on our dedicated CCPA page - click this link to go there now.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time if you submit a request to us by completing in full the form at the bottom of this page and specify your wish to opt back in.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
· Deny you goods or services.
· Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
· Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
· Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. At this time we are not providing any financial incentives.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please complete the form at the bottom of this page and submit it or write us at: 3259 Duluth Highway, Duluth, Georgia 30096, Attn: Privacy Officer.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
GSN reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
- Phone: (888) 391-2315
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: Attn: Privacy Officer, Gem Shopping Network Inc., 3259 Duluth Hwy 120, Duluth GA 30096
- Or use our online contact form below.
REQUEST A STATUS CHANGE